The Weddington was one of the first two designs to come out of the Yamaha Guitar Development in North Hollywood from Rich Lasner, the other one being the Pacifica. The Weddingtons, named after the street on which YGD was, located was a fairly standard single-cutaway two pickup guitar. What set the guitars apart was the unique and innovative electronics and switching creating unique sounds. There are three models in the range the Special, the Classic and the Custom.
All models are equiped with two custom made in the USA DiMarzio Humbuckers
5-way switch configuration Weddington Custom Special and Classic:
1. Coils A+B in series (normal bridge humbucker)
2. Coils A+B in parallel (single-coil neck voicing)
3. Coils A+B in series + C+D in series (normal middle-position of a Les Paul, both humbuckers run in parallel)
4. Coils B+C in series (the inner coils from each humbucker) + D (the back coil in the bridge humbucker) brought in paralled with the rear tone control.
5. Coils C+D in series (normal bridge humbucker)